After a pretty dull summer for seeing live music, things seem to be picking up for the fall. I love a good live band. Here’s some of the shows I hope to get to (providing I don’t get shuttled out of town):
- Rocket From The Crypt with Deadbolt, The Creepy Creeps, Beehive and the Barracudas. On Halloween, no less. Seems like the annual tradition is back! I’ve been to a few shows at House Of Blues and it’s an alright venue. That’s the perfect lineup of San Diego music on the perfect night. I have tickets for this. Not missing it.
- Quintron and Miss Pussycat. (10/19) I’ve always loved these shows. Even sucked it up at one point to see them at the Che Cafe. Quintron is a master showman. Always an unbelievably good show. DRUM BUDDY!
- Subhumans are playing at Casbah on a Monday night (11/04). I’ve never had a chance to see them live, especially when it really mattered. My work schedule might get in the way of this one. Unless I want to suck it up and go straight from the show to work, then that might work. Doubtful, however.
- Meat Puppets at the Soda Bar (11/07). Even more impossible than the Subhumans show. But, should I figure out a way to sneak in naps beforehand, it’s entirely possible. Mostly impossible.
- Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School of Medicine. (11/10) On a Sunday night. At the Casbah. With TIT WRENCH opening. Will not miss this one. In fact, I should round up the troops and see how many tickets I should order. My girlfriend and I saw Jello the last time he came through town, over at Brick By Brick. Awesome show. As an added bonus, The Angry Samoans opened up and performed the same exact gig I saw them do 15 years earlier in Las Vegas. Probably the highlight of this show schedule, along with RFTC.
- Melt Banana. (11/14) Again, at the Casbah. I haven’t seen this band for at least 10 years. If you haven’t seen them, I urge you to check them out. From Japan. A friend of mine summed them up perfectly when he said “It sounds like Hello Kitty in a blender.” Another show I don’t want to miss.
Beyond that, I can’t speculate. Though it’s nice to see some good shows coming up.
Last gig we went to was in Austin and that was Honky and the The Melvins. Great show at The Mohawk. The outside portion of The Mohawk reminded me of Iguana’s. 2 balconies, small floor area, bar on each level.
Good gigs, good times. Hope to see you there!